The premier survival and stroke development swim lesson provider excited to prevent drowning disasters for families with children
February 25, 2020 // Franchising.com // Phoenix, AZ – Drowning is one of the leading causes of death for children under age four in Arizona, with most children drowning in their own home pools. Now a local father has made it his mission to teach children the vital survival skills to keep them safe in the water.
Gilbert resident Dejan Simurdic will open two new British Swim School locations to help parents in the area teach their children, as early as 3 months old, swimming strokes and water survival skills.
“Drowning can happen in only a few seconds so teaching kids the necessary swimming strokes and water survival skills are critical to saving their lives,” Simurdic said. “Opening two new British Swim Schools in the East Valley area will give more parents the opportunity to teach their children the water survival skills they need.”
Research shows that participation in formal swim programs, such as those offered by British Swim School, can reduce the risk of drowning by 88 percent among children who are most at risk for deaths caused by drowning.
Devastating News on Drownings:
- Drowning ranks fifth among the leading causes of unintentional injury death in the United States among children aged 14 or younger.
- Seventy-seven percent of drowning deaths involve children under age 5. (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- In a recent survey by the USA Swimming Foundation, 87 percent of swimmers with NO or LOW ability plan to go to a swimming facility this summer.
- The same survey reveals 34 percent of these NO to LOW ability swimmers plan to swim more than 10 times this summer.
- African American children between ages 5–19 are 5.5 times more likely to drown in a pool than white children of the same ages. (USA Swimming Foundation)
British Swim School – East Valley teaches water safety and survival first, and swimming skill development second. Students are placed in classes based on skill level, with specific objectives, an approach not found in session driven programs.
Classes began on Sunday, February 16 at the Mesa/Superstition LA Fitness (2605 N Power Rd, Mesa) and Saturday, February 22 at the LA Fitness in San Tan Valley (40885 N Ironwood Dr, San Tan Valley). Both are year-round pools, making them ideal for the British Swim School program.
For more information, visit https://www.britishswimschool.com.
About British Swim School
British Swim School’s mission is teaching water safety and survival skills to children as young as 3 months old. Rita Goldberg founded British Swim School in 1981 and developed the unique and highly effective teaching methods that are a recognized trademark of the brand today. Acquired by Buzz Franchise Brands in early 2019, British Swim School is the latest addition to the Buzz Franchise Brands family, which includes pool cleaning and maintenance company Pool Scouts and residential cleaning company Home Clean Heroes. British Swim School currently operates over 215 schools across the United States and Canada. For more information about British Swim School, visit www.britishswimschool.com.
SOURCE British Swim School